YouTube is now the second largest search engine behind Google, with over 1 billion unique users, 6 billion hours of videos watched each month and 100 hours of video uploaded every minute. So it makes sense to have YouTube advertising as part of your media mix. YouTube advertising offers flexibility for a number of different marketing goals, from branding to direct marketing.
YouTube is a large part of many people’s lives, whether they are at home or on the go, making it a great platform to advertise.
How YouTube Advertising Works
YouTube TrueView video advertising mean you only pay when someone watches your advert. There are two advert formats available, In-Stream and In-Display.
YouTube TrueView In-Stream:
- Adverts appear before a YouTube video.
- Charge on a cost per view basis.
- The charge occurs when the 30 seconds of the advert has been watched or the whole advert, whichever comes first.
- The viewer can skip after 5 seconds of the advert, if they do this before 30 seconds or the end, no charge occurs.
- Viewers can click the advert to your website at no extra cost.
- Average cost per view range from 20 cents to a couple of dollars
YouTube TrueView In-Display:
- Adverts appear in next to YouTube videos, or in the search results.
- Charged on a cost per view basis.
- The charge occurs when the advert is clicked to watch.
- No additional charge for a click through to the website.
- Average cost per view is 20 cents to a couple of dollars
Unbound Digital Marketing can help place your video adverts to your target audience to increase awareness and ROI. Our experience has shown us that YouTube can drive huge volumes of views, strong click through rates and lead to the achievement of many goals.